IMERT REQUIRED TRAINING FOR ALL MEMBERS
As part of the basic IMERT team member requirement, all team members must complete the following:
- Basic Incident Command courses (IS-100 & IS-200) - within 90 days of applying
- National Incident Management System course (IS-700) - within 90 days of applying
- A Weapons of Mass Destruction course (2 course options are acceptable, only 1 course is required).
- Online Introduction to IMERT Policy and Procedure Course, available to team members only
- Attend the one day Deployment Immersion training at ILEAS in Urbana (available springs and summers).
Proof of completion should be submitted to the IMERT office. Some of these courses are available online, follow the links below.
National Incident Management System (NIMS)
Required within 90 days of applying
Incident Command System (ICS)
Both courses required within 90 days of applying
WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION REQUIREMENT
IMERT is requiring our training compliant members complete the following to fulfill your WMD requirement in order to be deployment ready:
- George Washington University National Nurse Emergency Preparedness Initiative (NNEPI), Nurses on the Front Line: Preparing for Emergencies and Disasters online course
- Attend a Domestic Preparedness course which allows you to earn continuing education credit.
The George Washington University National Nurse Emergency Preparedness Initiative (NNEPI), Nurses on the Front Line: Preparing for Emergencies and Disasters course is an interactive web-based course that provides emergency preparedness training for nurses working in a wide variety of settings. Although the course is targeted to nurses, the lessons are applicable to all health care professionals and IMERT members who may respond to a CBRNE (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Environmental) event.
To start, go to http://www.nnepi.org/. Instructions for completing the course can be downloaded HERE.
OPTIONAL ONLINE COURSES
Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
FOR ALL TEAM MEMBERS
2014 Team Update, an Online Policy and Procedure Course
This course is required introductory training for all Team Members. It can be found by logging into the Team Member's section of the website, www.imert.org/team, and going to the "Team Training" section.